Are you looking to remove or edit the footer text in your WordPress theme to have your own brand name in the footer then you are at the right place. You will get to know in this article how to edit the footer and remove “proudly powered by WordPress” which we get every time when we install and activate the WordPress theme. By looking at the footer in the WordPress theme everyone who scrolls and visits the footer of your website he/she would get to know that the website is made with WordPress.
However there are several ways to do so
- The first one is to edit the footer.php file which you will get by logging into your WordPress dashboard and then head over to appearance then theme editor there you will get the footer.php file then you have to look for the footer link of WordPress then remove it to add your own. The first drawback to this is that sometimes the theme does not work properly and you would not be able to remove the footer text completely.
- Make sure to backup your website in case the theme does not behave or work properly. You can do so by adding a plugin named as all in one WP migration so to backup your website in case something went wrong.
- If you are a developer and you know all the coding stuff then you can add a plugin called Insert header and footer. By using this plugin it makes it super easy to add code to your theme backend which you will be having trouble with the theme editor in WordPress.
- Now if you are finding the above process complicated then I have the best and beginner-friendly option for you simply by using a plugin no need to add any code or edit footer.php or making a backup in addition to this you can do this so by editing on the live website. Find out below-
Simply go to your WordPress dashboard and look for the plugin “visual footer credit remover”. Find the process below to successfully use it
- Click on install and then activate the plugin.
- On successfully you have installed the plugin head over to dashboard > tools > Visual footer credit remover.
- Now you have to select the footer text you would like to change then enter the text you would like to add and click Save.
- Now as soon as you click on save then you will see your own added text in the footer of your WordPress theme.